Mother's Day Relaxation Kit
Contributed by: NAPSA
Giving Mom The Gift Of Relaxation (NAPSA) - A
little bit of creativity, packaged with a lot of care, seems to be the trend this year for Mother's
Day. A hand-assembled "relaxation kit" is one example of a great gift for mothers.
Creative Cook's Kitchen suggests combining handy accessories with make-it-yourself beauty regimens, such as a face mask, for a spectacular basket. The items, all created from household ingredients, are easy to assemble and make an impressive presentation.
Honey-Oatmeal Facial Mask:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, finely processed
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Small jar
- Chamomile-Almond Facial Mask:
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile flowers
- 2 tablespoons bran
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Small jar
Cucumber, cellophane or plastic bag, ribbon, handled basket, shredded craft paper, terry cloth
hand towels, soap, nail brush, hair clip, cotton swabs, emery boards, jar of honey-oatmeal mask,
jar of chamomile-almond mask, cup filled with herbal tea bags, hand cream, scented candles,
Making the Honey-Oatmeal Facial Mask:
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and honey to form a paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a small jar.
Making the Chamomile-Almond Facial Mask:
- In another bowl, pour boiling water over chamomile flowers; let stand for 30 minutes. Strain
the mixture through a sieve set over a bowl.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of strained liquid to a small bowl. Add bran, almonds and honey; mix
well. Transfer to a small jar.
Assembling the Basket:
- Cut cucumber in 1/8-inch slices. Pack slices in cellophane bag; tie with ribbon.
- Line the basket with shredded craft paper. Roll 1 hand towel; place in a corner of the basket.
Tuck soap and nail brush into the towel; attach the hair clip. Bundle cotton swabs and emery
boards; tie each with ribbon and add to basket. Arrange the other items in the basket.
- Write the instructions for using the facial masks on a note card: "Enjoy each for 10 minutes,
then rinse with warm water." Include the recipes for both masks. Punch a hole in the card and use
ribbon to attach the card to the basket.
To make the holiday even more of a relaxing respite, consider including a gift voucher for a
massage with the basket, taking Mom out to lunch or making her favorite dish for dinner.