Minnie's Light n Lemony Dessert
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
It's light, lemony and luscious perfect for entertaining during those balmy spring days.
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs 250 mL
- 3 tbsp butter, melted 45 mL
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 25 mL
- 1 pkg (85 g) lemon jelly powder 1
- 1 cup boiling water 250 mL
- 2/3 cup Nestlé CARNATIONÒ Light Evaporated Milk 150 mL
- 1 pkg (250 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 mL
- Fresh strawberries
In small bowl, combine graham crumbs, butter and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the sugar. Press onto bottom
of 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish, reserving 2 tbsp (25 mL) crumb mixture for top.
Dissolve jelly powder in boiling water; let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, pour evaporated milk into small bowl. Chill in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes or until lots
of ice crystals form around edge.
In large bowl, beat together cream cheese and 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar. Gradually stir in cooled
Beat chilled evaporated milk until stiff, about 1 minute; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over
crumb crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill until set. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Carnation Kitchen Tip:
For best results, chill beaters before whipping the evaporated milk.
Serving Size: Makes 9 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving (without strawberries): 214 Calories, 6 g Protein, 10 g Fat, 25 g Carbohydrate