Mexican Vegetables And Sausage
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 pieces hot sausage,cut into cubes
- 2 pieces sweet sausage, cut into cubes
- 2 small green peppers, cut into slivers
- 1 small onion, cut into slivers
- 1/2 Cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes with skin on
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, off the cob
- 8 baby red bliss potatoes
- 1/4 lb. margarine
- 2 Cups water (1 c. reserved)
- 2 Packages taco seasonings
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet or dutch oven, melt the margarine over low heat. Add the green peppers,
onion, carrots, zucchini, green beans, and corn. Simmer until tender adding 1 cup water and the
taco seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium flame.
In a seperate pan fry the sausage until golden brown and well done.
Drain on paper towels. set aside.
In another pan, boil the potatoes until fork tender. Drain and cool.
When cool, cut into wedges.
Add 1 cup water, sausage, and the potato wedges along with the mushrooms, tomato wedges,
and sausage to the Vegetable pan and stir while simmering over low flame for 20 minutes longer.