Tuna Salad with Grapes and Lemon Tarragon Dressing
Contributed by: Kevin Anderson
In chicken, turkey and seafood salads, grapes add a contrasting texture, pretty colour, and a welcome, subtle sweetness that's unexpected. This tuna salad recipe is a favorite.
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) solid white tuna (drained)
- 1 cup red California seedless grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 1/2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 1 each hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Tarragon Dressing
Lemon Tarragon Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, gently break up, but do not mash the drained tuna. Add the grapes, walnuts, diced celery, onion and chopped egg. Stir to mix. Whisk dressing ingredients together.
Combine with tuna mixture until evenly moistened. Keep chilled in a covered container until ready to serve.
And for more delicious, easy ways to add grapes to dishes, check out our website: http://www.grapesfromcalifornia.com/recipes/
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings