Fresh and Crispy Kale Salad
Contributed by: For Your Life
The fruit-and-nut combo is perfect for summer while the balsamic condiment, pine nuts and pecorino give it a wonderful Italian flavour. The recipe easily doubles for a crowd, perfect for your next backyard barbecue.
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) PC Splendido White Condiment With Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1 tsp (5 ml) 100% pure medium maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, coarse stems removed
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) dried currants
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) shaved Pecorino cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, condiment, syrup, salt and pepper.
Slice kale into ½-inch (1 cm) wide strips; place in medium bowl. Add dressing; massage into kale leaves until well coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Add pine nuts and currants, tossing to coat. Garnish with grated lemon rind and Pecorino shavings.
More recipe ideas are available online at pc.ca.