Thai Florida Grapefruit Curry
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) Why not turn your go-to dishes into crowd-pleasing masterpieces by mixing and matching unexpected ingredients?
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Thai green curry paste
- 1 small Thai chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grated Florida grapefruit rind
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Florida ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fish sauce
- 1 lb (454 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Florida ruby red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro or mint
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) water
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked basmati rice
n a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook shallot and garlic for two minutes. Stir in curry paste and chili pepper; cook for one minute. Add Florida grapefruit rind and juice, coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to a simmer.
Add shrimp and cook, stirring for four minutes or until firm and cooked through.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Stir into shrimp mixture along with grapefruit segments and cilantro. Spoon over rice.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings