Contributed by: News Canada
Trade your uninspired cold turkey sandwiches for a revamped family classic: creamy turkey!
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) water
- 2 packages (25 g each) Club House Gravy Mix for Turkey
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) cubed, cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add celery, carrot and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, combine water and Club House Gravy Mix for Turkey.
Add to vegetable mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in turkey and milk. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
Serve over rice or noodles.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings