Rosemary, Parmesan and Black Pepper Roasted Peanuts
Contributed by: News Canada
Roasting peanuts brings out their flavour and you can up the ante by tossing them with fresh rosemary, parmesan and pepper.
- 3 cups (750 ml) peanuts, preferably unsalted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 tsp (20 ml) fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper, coarsely ground
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
Stir peanuts with oil on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally until fragrant and toasted, about 15 minutes.
Turn peanuts into a large bowl. Toss with Parmesan, rosemary, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 3 cups (750 ml) 10 Servings