American Lamb Cheeseburger with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Contributed by: NAPSA
Take Your Grill On The Lamb
(NAPSA) - When it comes to crowd-pleasing grilling, American lamb can be your secret weapon. It's tender with a mild flavor that works well with nearly any seasoning, from salt and pepper to your favorite spice rub.
"I love to grill, and if you're looking for a versatile meat, American lamb is the way to go," says Tim Love, chef and owner of the Lonesome Dove Western Bistro and the Love Shack. "This is one of my favorite lamb burger recipes."
- Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt for salting cucumbers
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced Serrano chili
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cups Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt strained in a cheesecloth or fine strainer for 1 hour)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Peel cucumbers. Cut in half lengthwise and take a small spoon to scrape out seeds. Discard seeds. Slice cucumbers, then put in a colander. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over cucumbers and let stand for 30 minutes to draw out water. Drain well and wipe dry with paper towel.
In food processor with steel blade, add cucumbers, garlic, dill, mint, chili, lemon juice and black pepper to taste. Process until well blended, then stir mixture into the yogurt. Add salt to taste. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours so flavors can blend.
- American Lamb Cheeseburger
- 1 lb. ground American lamb
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 eggplant slices (optional, toppings)
- 4 tomato slices (optional, toppings)
- Spicy Yogurt Sauce (see recipe above)
Heat a grill pan or charcoal grill to medium heat. Cook the patties 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked to 160! F. for medium. Build burger by layering yogurt sauce on the bottom bun, then add the burger, goat cheese, eggplant, tomato and top bun.
For grill-inspired recipes from the American Lamb Board, see www.americanlamb.com; follow the board on Facebook or Twitter, @FANof LAMB.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings