Grilled Butter Chicken Skewers
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Wrap warm Patak's naan bread around grilled chicken and fresh vegetables that have been basted in butter chicken curry paste. For less spice, cut back on the quantity of Indian style lime pickle used in each wrap.
Heat rating: 4 out of 5 (Medium-Hot) - Preparation time: 20 minutes - Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes (about 16 pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces (about 16 pieces)
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1/2-inch (1 1/2 cm) pieces (about 16 pieces)
- olive oil for oiling grill
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Patak's butter chicken curry paste
- 2 packages (400 g) Patak's naan bread - plain or garam masala flavour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Patak's Indian style lime pickle
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Alternate threading chicken, red pepper and red onions onto four 10- to 12-inch (25 to 30 cm) metal or presoaked wooden skewers and season with salt and pepper.
Place chicken skewers on lightly oiled grill and cook for 2 minutes. Turn a quarter turn and baste cooked side with butter chicken curry paste. Continue to cook, turning and basting as necessary until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Just before serving, heat naan bread on grill, flipping once, until warmed through, about 1 minute per side.
To serve, place 1 chicken skewer in the centre of each naan bread. Garnish with Indian style lime pickle and cilantro sprigs. Fold naan over chicken and vegetable fillings and carefully remove skewer.
More easy-to-prepare Indian recipes can be found online at www.pataks.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings