Rosemary-Orange Grilled Chicken and Veggies
Contributed by: NAPSA
A Better-For-You BBQ With Three Simple Switches
(NAPSA) - By making just a few simple switches, it's easy to create a nutritious, great-tasting meal while enjoying the warmer weather.
Dr. Felicia Stoler, registered dietitian, says that grilling can be a great way to include fresh seasonal vegetables and smart meal ideas that don't sacrifice taste. According to Dr. Stoler, here are three simple switches that your friends and family will love:
- Break from tradition-Substitute traditional hamburgers and hot dogs with a lower fat option like chicken. For example, Rosemary-Orange Grilled Chicken and Veggies is a fresh and tangy summer dish that combines seasonal produce and savory herbs with protein-rich, lean chicken. Use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!(r) Spray in place of butter to add flavor with 0 grams fat and 0 calories per serving!
- Swap salty chips for veggies and fruit with dips-Serve celery, cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks with fresh guacamole or a hearty bean dip.
Dip ripe strawberries, blueberries or raspberries in low-fat yogurt or non-fat whipped topping for a sweet and nutritious treat.
- Add vibrant colors to your meal-Fire up the grill with farm-fresh zucchini, mouth-watering corn-on-the-cob and crunchy bell peppers.
Adding fresh herbs and topping vegetables with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!(r) Light adds buttery taste with 50 percent less fat and calories than butter.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes - Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium red, green and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 11/2-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 30 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!(r) Spray Original, divided
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
Spray chicken and vegetables with 15 sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!(r) Spray Original, then toss with rosemary and orange peel. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables on skewers. Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are just tender.
Arrange chicken and vegetables on serving platter. Spray with remaining 15 sprays, then drizzle with orange juice.
For more information, tips and recipes, visit www.icantbelieve itsnotbutter.com.
Making a few simple changes can help make your next BBQ a more nutritious one without sacrificing any flavor.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories 170, Calories From Fat 15, Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 2g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g, Sugars 5g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 28g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%