Creamy Balderson White Cheddar Dressing
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1 cup (250mL) milk
- 2 tsp (10mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) Dijon mustard
- 4 oz (115g) Balderson Heritage 2-year aged Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125mL) mayonnaise (regular or light)
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Whisk milk and flour together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add mustard.
For a smooth dressing, add all of the cheese and stir until melted. Or, for a chunkier dressing, reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cheese to add to cooled dressing. Let cool to room temperature.
Whisk in mayonnaise; season to taste. For optimum flavour, serve at room temperature, but store in refrigerator.
When shredding cheese, to prevent sticking, moisten shredder with water, or lightly spray with cooking spray.
If desired, add crumbled crisp-cooked bacon, or finely chopped chives to dressing. Or use Balderson 5 year Cheddar for added flavour.
Serving Size: Makes 1-3/4 Cups (425 mL)