Mint and Mango Yogurt Dip
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Serve this fresh and flavourful dip with toasted Patak's naan bread as a snack or to complement any meal. It's a perfect cooling counterpart to spicier Indian dishes.
Heat rating: 3 out of 5 (Medium) - Preparation time: 25 minutes - Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) thick plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Patak's sweet mango chutney
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Patak's Indian style chilli pickle
- 1/2 English cucumber, grated
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each chopped fresh mint, cilantro and green onion
- 1 package (200 g) Patak's naan bread - plain or garlic and coriander flavour
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a bowl stir together the yogurt, chutney, chilli pickle, cucumber, fresh herbs and onions.
Slice 2 pieces of naan bread into long triangles. Lay out the pieces on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve alongside the dip.
More easy-to-prepare Indian recipes can be found online at www.pataks.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings