Cheese Stuffed Chicken Burgers
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - These tasty burgers have a cheese surprise inside.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 lb (750g) lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (50mL) cubed Balderson Old or Extra Old Cheddar
- Vegetable oil
- 4 buns (Focaccia, Ciabatta, etc.)
Combine egg, breadcrumbs, chicken, green onion, salt and pepper; mix.
Form mixture into 8 thin patties.
Spoon 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of cheese cubes in the center of 4 of the patties.
Top with the remaining 4 patties, and seal edges. Brush both sides with vegetable oil.
Grill (or broil) on medium heat, about 5 minutes per side, until meat is no longer pink inside.
Serve on warmed or toasted buns. Garnish as desired. Makes 4 servings.
Optional cheese selections would be Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar or Balderson Monterey Jack with Hot Peppers.