Salad with Triple Cheddar Fruit Kebobs
Contributed by: News Canada
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 8 cups (2L) baby spinach (or Boston lettuce leaves), washed & dried
- Balderson Mild Coloured Cheddar Cheese
- Balderson Marble Cheddar Cheese
- Balderson Old White Cheddar Cheese
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 Royal Gala Apple, cut into small wedges
- 16 grapes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. (30mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. (15mL) maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. (2mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (75mL) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Divide greens amongst 4 dinner plates.
Cut each cheese to yield 8 (3/4-inch /2 cm) cubes, making a total of 24 cubes.
Thread each skewer with 1 of each of the cheeses, 2 wedges of apple, and 2 grapes, alternating the cheese and fruit.
Place 2 skewers on each salad.
Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon. Slowly pour in oil, whisking continuously. Season to taste.
Drizzle dressing over skewers and salad. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts.