Seafood Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Serve with a green salad for a wonderful light lunch menu or use smaller mushrooms as a starter for a dinner party.
Preparation Time: 20 minutesCooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Aioli Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Each lemon juice and water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Stuffed Portabellas:
- 1 pkg (227 g) imitation lobster, crab or cooked shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low fat mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) shallot or green onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) seasoned bread crumbs
- Hot pepper sauce too taste
- 2 fresh (5"/12cm) Portabella Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
In small bowl whisk ingredients mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce for sauce; cover and refrigerate to blend flavours.
Finely chop the seafood and in a small bowl mix with egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, shallot, parsley, and bread crumbs. Remove stems from mushrooms and with a spoon scrape off the brown gills; brush inside and outside of mushroom caps with oil. Place cap side down in shallow baking pan and pack mixture into caps, mounding as necessary; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in 400 F (200 C) oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve mushrooms drizzled with aioli sauce.
Chop seafood and shallots in food processor to save time.
- Substitute fresh coriander for parsley and chipotle sauce for hot pepper sauce.
- Omit egg and use 2 tbsp (25) mayonnaise and add 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Swiss cheese.
More delicious recipe ideas are available online at www.mushrooms.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 530, Protein: 26.4 g, Fat: 33.0 g, Carbohydrates: 35.2 g, Dietary Fibre: 3.5 g