Toffee Coffee Caramel Pots de Creme
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This Mother's Day, create a decadent dessert that Mom will love. This rich and creamy finale will add a special touch to a celebratory meal.
- 4 tsp (20 mL) instant espresso granules
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) hot water
- 1 bottle (400 mL) Dairyland Toffee Caramel Creama
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cold butter
- lightly sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate covered coffee beans (optional)
- toffee bits (optional)
Stir the espresso with the salt in a large heavy saucepan; whisk in water until coffee is dissolved. Whisk Creama with cornstarch until smooth. Add the Creama mixture to the coffee mixture. Set saucepan over medium heat.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and is glossy and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
Divide between eight espresso cups or small dessert dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature. Chill for up to 2 days. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream, coffee beans and toffee bits (if using).
More recipes can be found online at www.dairyland.ca/ProductFamily_Creama.aspx.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings.