Chunky Veggie Pumpkin Chili
Contributed by: Lisa Lillien of Hungry Girl 1-2-3
Are you hungry? The number-one New York Times bestselling phenomenon is back - with even more yum-a-licious guilt-free recipes. This time, the easiest ones on the planet!
Hungry Girl's recipes aren't just delicious, they're SUPER-SIMPLE, too. Hungry Girl 1-2-3 will help you make the world's most delicious guilt-free appetizers, meals, snacks, desserts, etc., with practically no effort whatsoever! There are loads of crock-pot recipes, microwavable meals, HG's famous "foil packs," and more. Some are such a cinch, you won't even have to turn on the oven or stove! Really.
With more than 200 recipes and two-ingredient "couples" to choose from, you'll never be hungry again!
Try Your Hand at These Easy Recipes from Hungry Girl 1-2-3
Our friend canned pumpkin is at it again, adding fun, fiber, and flavor to this incredible chili. The taste is mellow but can easily be spiced up with extra cayenne or some hot sauce.
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper, or
- more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 15-ounce can chili beans (pinto beans
- in chili sauce), not drained
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned diced green chiles
- 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
Add crushed tomatoes, pumpkin, garlic, and all the seasonings to the crock pot. Mix well.
Add diced tomatoes, both types of beans, diced green chiles, and all the veggies.
Stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings