Cheddar and Onion Mini-Muffins
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Warm, tasty breakfast bites - for when guests stay over.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Baking Time: 12 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 cup (250mL) grated Balderson Heritage 5 Year Old Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Beatrice milk
- 3 tbsp (45mL) melted Lactantia butter
- 1/3 cup (75mL) finely chopped green onion
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C) and grease 18 mini muffin cups.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and grated Balderson Heritage 5 Year Old Cheddar Cheese in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and gently fold together until just mixed and somewhat lumpy. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
Serving Size: Makes 18 Servings