Citrus Salmon With Orange Relish
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Fresh oranges and ground ginger pair to make a bold and nutrient-packed accompaniment to salmon fillets. Serve this antioxidant-rich relish with any kind of fish, or with shrimp or scallops.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Marinate: 30 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Citrus Salmon:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet thyme leaves, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Orange Relish:
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet ground ginger
Mix orange juice, oil and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in small bowl. Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavour. For the Relish, mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mix brown sugar, paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme and salt in small bowl. Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Rub salmon evenly with paprika mixture. Place salmon on foil-lined baking pan.
Bake in preheated 400 F oven 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve salmon with Orange Relish.
More easy tips and specially designed recipes packed with flavourful, antioxidant-rich super spices can be found online at www.spicesforhealth.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories 283, Fat 11g, Protein 25g, Carbohydrates 21g, Cholesterol 62mg, Sodium 354mg, Fibre 3g