Asian Pear, Carrot and Daikon Radish Salad
Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
Somewhat like a spicy sunomono salad. Refreshingly light - with a bit of bite!
- 1/2 Cup carrot - peeled and shredded
- 1 Cup daikon - peeled and julienned
- 2 Cup Asian pear - peeled, cored and julienned
- 1-1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (chili flakes)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2-1/2 Tbsp honey
Combine vinegar, red pepper flakes, white pepper and honey - mix well until honey dissolves. Add Asian pear, daikon and carrot.
Mix well and set aside for flavors to meld for at least one hour.
Serve at room temperature.
Can be made up to a day in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.