Salmon with Lemon Sauce
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - Deciding to eat better does not have to be about denying yourself. Having more energy and staying healthier can be as easy as developing a few new habits. Here are a few tips to help:
- Reduce, don't eliminate certain foods. If your favorite foods are high in fat, salt or sugar, moderate how much you eat of them and how often you eat them.
- Make food decisions in advance. Plan your daily meals, drinks and snacks so you don't have to think about food all the time and keep having to make decisions about what to eat.
- Eat slowly. Your appetite can be satisfied on less food by slowly savoring everything you eat. And wait before going back for seconds.
- Try healthful new recipes. Include more brightly colored produce in your diet and add some heart-healthy salmon, with Omega-3s. Karo Syrup and Argo Corn Starch offer two new delicious recipes that don't require self-denial.
This recipe is a simply prepared skillet dish that keeps the salmon moist while adding a light citrus flavor, a great way to add more seafood to your diet:
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Mustard
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter 4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons Argo Corn Starch
Combine wine, water, salt, dill weed, mustard, lemon and butter in a large skillet. Heat just until boiling. Add salmon; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Remove fish and lemon slices to heated serving platter. Stir corn starch into 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl. Blend corn starch mixture into pan juices, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and becomes clear. Spoon over fish. Serve immediately.
For more information and recipes, visit www.karosyrup.com and www.argostarch.com.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings