Assorted Greens with Feta, Cinnamon Dusted Pecans and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - Deciding to eat better does not have to be about denying yourself. Having more energy and staying healthier can be as easy as developing a few new habits. Here are a few tips to help:
- Reduce, don't eliminate certain foods. If your favorite foods are high in fat, salt or sugar, moderate how much you eat of them and how often you eat them.
- Make food decisions in advance. Plan your daily meals, drinks and snacks so you don't have to think about food all the time and keep having to make decisions about what to eat.
- Eat slowly. Your appetite can be satisfied on less food by slowly savoring everything you eat. And wait before going back for seconds.
- Try healthful new recipes. Include more brightly colored produce in your diet and add some heart-healthy salmon, with Omega-3s. Karo Syrup and Argo Corn Starch offer two new delicious recipes that don't require self-denial.
This recipe is a restaurant-quality salad of crisp, fresh greens, tangy feta cheese, juicy whole raspberries, and cinnamon-dusted, pan-toasted pecan halves.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cinnamon Dusted Pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands(r) Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup frozen, unsweetened raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands Ground Mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 11/2 teaspoons Spice Islands Chives
- dash Spice Islands Black Pepper
- dash salt
- 5 ounces salad greens
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh raspberries, optional
Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add pecans and stir constantly until pecans are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and immediately add cinnamon-sugar mixture. Stir well to mix. Pour onto a foil-lined tray. Cool completely. Can be stored in airtight container for up to two weeks.
Combine raspberries, water, vinegar, corn syrup and ground mustard in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Gradually add oil. Stir in chives, pepper and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
Combine salad greens with feta cheese. Top with fresh raspberries, if desired. Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette and top with Cinnamon-Dusted Pecans. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another meal.
For more information and recipes, visit www.karosyrup.com and www.argostarch.com.
Serving Size: Makes 5 Servings