Thai Almond Chicken Curry
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The sweet and creamy taste of Almond Fresh complements the flavours of Thai cooking beautifully. Serve over Thai noodles or sticky rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb (500g) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large red or orange pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) pineapple chunks (about 1/4 fresh pineapple)
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup (250mL) original Almond Fresh
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fish sauce
- 4 tsp (20mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) Thai curry paste, green or red
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
Slice chicken into thin strips. Core peppers and slice into long thin strips. Cut pineapple into bite-size chunks and thinly slice green onions.
Whisk Almond Fresh with fish sauce, cornstarch, curry paste and salt until cornstarch is dissolved.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until no longer pink. Add pepper and pineapple. Continue to stir fry just until pepper softens, about 2 minutes.
Whisk Almond Fresh mixture. Add to chicken along with green onions. Stir continuously until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir about 1 minute. Stir in coriander, lime juice and salt to taste.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings