Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) each chopped onion, celery and carrots
- 5 cups (1.25 L) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 packet Club House Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Seasoning
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
Brown cubed chicken.
Transfer to slow cooker and add vegetables.
Combine Club House Slow Cooker Soup seasoning mix and water. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Stir together.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
Stir in noodles. Cover. Cook 10 minutes longer on High or until noodles are tender.
- Replace celery and carrots with 2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed vegetables.
- Replace noodles with 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice or wild rice. Add with chicken and vegetables.
- For an Asian flair, instead of adding noodles, whisk in 1 beaten egg to make egg drop soup. Stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce.
- Replace noodles with broken spaghetti pasta, 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House parsley flakes and 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
More information is available online at www.clubhouse.ca or toll-free at 1-800-265-2600.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings