Almond Hot Toddy
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This soothing treat is the perfect finale to a long winter day.
- 2 cups (470 mL) vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 2 ounces (60 g) spiced rum
- 1 ounce (30 g) brandy
- 1/3 teaspoon (4 mL) almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon (4 mL) nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- Light whipped cream to garnish
- Slivered almonds to garnish
Over low heat, combine almond milk, rum, brandy, almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly with a whisk until very warm.
Pour into large mugs, leaving an inch of room to the top. Top with whipped cream, almonds and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories 197; Cholesterol 0 mg; Total fat 2.7 g; Fibre 0 g; Saturated; 0 g; Calcium 208 mg; Monounsaturated 0 g; Magnesium 1 mg; Polyunsaturated 0 g; Sodium 0 mg; Carb 17 g; Potassium 186 mg; Protein 1 g; Vitamin E 7.5 mg