Kicked Up Cucumber Salad
Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
Simple and simply scrumptious.
- 2 medium cucumbers- peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 shallots - thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2-3 serrano chilis - cored, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp suger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 Cup parsley - course chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted peanuts - dry roasted and coarsely chopped
Prepare cucumber and place in colander. Sprinkle with about 2 tsp of sea salt and let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse lightly and drain well.
Combine everything except the peanuts in a bowl. Toss gently and let sit for 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, shower with the chopped peanuts. Serve.