All Dressed Low-Fat Pizza
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3 Slices Fat Free Kielbassa cut into1/2 inch pieces
- 1 12 inch pre-baked base or 9X12 inch focaccia
- 1/2 cup/125mL pizza sauce
- 1/2 tsp/ 2 mL dried basil
- 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried oregano
- 1 cup/250 mL sliced mushrooms (reduce amount if desired)
- 1/2 each sweet green, red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3/4cup/175 mL part skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded (15% M.F.)
Preheat oven to 425 F (230 C). Place pizza base on a perforated pizza pan or baking sheet.
Spread pizza sauce over and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Arrange mushrooms, pepper strips,
tomatoes and Schneiders Fat Free Kielbassa oven the pizza. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake on lowest rack
for 10-12 minutes or until crust is crispy and the cheese is melted. Cut into 6 slices.
"Undressed" Kids Version:
Many kids prefer their pizza "au naturel". You may wish to make a second pizza with just the basics.
Using a pre-baked pizza base, spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with slices of Fat Free wieners and
shredded part skim mozzarella cheese.
* Four 7 inch pitas or 6 split English muffins can be used. Arrange on 2 baking sheets and rotate the
sheets halfway through to ensure the pizzas bake evenly. Reduce the baking time to 8-10 minutes.
* Try different vegetable toppings for a great tasting pizza. You could add zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower
* Try baking the pizza crust briefly in a hot oven for a few minutes, then add your pizza toppings and
finish baking until the topping is bubbling and the cheese is melted. This method reduces the chance of
the centre of your pizza becoming soggy.
* The new perforated pizza pans help to ensure more even cooking.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 105 calories/slice Fat: 2.5 grams/slice