Grilled Pork Chops With Apple-Almond Salsa
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This crunchy and fresh salsa combines fragrant rosemary, crunchy almonds, and sweet and tart apples. This dish is easy to prepare and the unusual flavour combinations make it perfect for a dinner party or an everyday meal.
- 1 cup (250 mL) green apple, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 8 (4-ounce, 120 g) boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) canola oil
In a medium-sized bowl, combine apples, onion, almonds, vinegar, rosemary, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, nonstick pan over medium high. Add pork and cook without moving for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from the pan and top with reserved Apple-Almond Salsa.
Serving Size: Makes 2 - 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories 447; Cholesterol; 143 mg; Total fat 21 g; Fibre; 3 g; Saturated; 5 g; Calcium; 62 mg; Monounsaturated; 10.7 g; Magnesium; 90 mg; Polyunsaturated; 3.7 g; Sodium; 156 mg; Carb; 13 g; Potassium; 1009 mg; Protein; 50 g; Vitamin E; 3 mg