Bacardi(r) Rum Garlic Shrimp
Contributed by: NAPSA
Easy Entertaining For The Holidays
(NAPSA) - One way to keep the season merry for both partygoers and party throwers is to keep things simple.
When you serve dishes that are easy to create, you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time providing guests the gift of your presence.
You can serve:
- Crisp vegetables with festive dips such as salsa and hummus, chips and crackers.
- Traditional popcorn balls and trendy salty snacks.
- Gourmet cheese and fruit.
- Simple but flavorful recipes such as these:
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds extra-large (21- to 25-count) shrimp, peeled with tails left on, deveined and patted dry
- 3 Tbsp. Bacardi(r) Superior Rum
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Arrange shrimp in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Heat remaining ingredients, except parsley, in a small saucepan until butter is melted. Drizzle mixture over shrimp.
Bake at 425 F until shrimp become opaque, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Serve with pina colada sauce. For an extra hint of festive color, decorate platter with fresh strawberries.
Bacardi(r) Rum Pina Colada Sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup Bacardi(r) Superior Rum
Combine all ingredients. Cover and chill until served.
Yield: 2 cups sauce
BACARDI(r) Dragon Berry(tm)
& Ginger Ale
3 parts BACARDI(r) Dragon
1 part ginger ale
Pour over ice in glass.
Garnish with lime wedge.
You can find more great recipes and entertaining ideas online at Bacardi.com.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Entree or 10 Appetizer Servings