Penne Rigate with Chicken, Pepper and Mushrooms
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Do you need a fast dinner to feed the family? Try this easy to prepare meal that also delivers one-third of their daily fibre requirement... and they'll never know it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 pkg (500 g) Catelli Smart Penne Rigate pasta
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 250 g (1/2 lb) mushrooms, halved
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (700 mL) meatless pasta sauce
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook penne rigate according to package directions.
Heat oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat; saute chicken until golden.
Remove and set aside. Add mushrooms and pepper; saute until tender.
Stir in pasta sauce, parsley and reserved chicken; heat through.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve sauce over hot penne rigate.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings