Turkey and Mushroom A la King
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Here is the answer to use up that leftover turkey; a quick and easy family dinner - just add a salad to complete the meal.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pkg (25g) turkey gravy mix
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced sweet red pepper (optional)
- Warm puff pastry shells, multigrain toast points, tea biscuit halves or cooked brown rice
In a large saucepan prepare gravy mix as directed on package; stir in soup and sour cream until smooth. Add turkey and peas; heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until hot.
Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat; saute mushrooms 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned; add garlic and red pepper if using and saute 1 -2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir into sauce mixture.
Serve over pastry, toast, biscuits or rice.
Substitute 1 cup (250 mL) left over gravy for gravy mix; substitute 3 tbsp (45 mL) sherry for sour cream.
More great mushroom recipes are available online at www.mushrooms.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 341; Protein: 31.4 g; Fat: 14.3 g; Carbohydrates: 20.6 g; Dietary Fibre: 2.5 g