California Kiwi Sandwich
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This delicious combination of creamy cheese, tangy olives and California kiwi on grainy bread is a quick and modern take on a sandwich.
- 1 California kiwi or pear 1
- 2 strips home-roasted or store-bought roasted red peppers 2
- 2 slices grainy sandwich bread 2
- 4 tsp olive paste or tapenade 20 mL
- 3 tbsp goat or Boursin cheese, at room temperature 45 mL
- sprouts to taste
Peel kiwi, then thinly slice. If using pear, peel if you wish, core and thinly slice.
Wash and pat pepper dry. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with olive paste, then spread with cheese. Top 1 side with red pepper, then kiwi and some sprouts. Top with other bread slice, cheese side down.
Source: Recipe andimage provided by Heather Trim and Brian MacDonald.
Serving Size: Makes 1 Sandwich