Fire Roasted Taboulli with Olives
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Looking to please a crowd this fall? Try serving a bowl of fire roasted taboulli with olives as a light lunch or side dish. Made with flavourful California olives, this traditional Middle Eastern salad is light, yet satisfying. It goes well with hummus and pita bread on the side, and can be a quick and healthy meal to take to work or school.
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp minced garlic 5 mL
- 1 each yellow and red bell peppers, cored and quartered 1 each
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise 2 medium
- 3 cups cooked bulgur 750 mL
- 1 cup California ripe olives, halved 250 mL
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds 125 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley 125 mL
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice 22 mL
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine olive oil and garlic in a large bowl.
Toss peppers and zucchini in garlic oil and place on a pre-heated (medium high) grill. Cook peppers for 4 to 6 minutes per side and zucchini for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then transfer to a clean cutting board. Remove charred skins from peppers, dice and return to mixing bowl. Remove ends from zucchini and discard. Dice zucchini and add to peppers. Mix in bulgur, California ripe olives, almonds, parsley and lemon juice.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Recipe and image provided by California Ripe Olives.
Serving Size: Makes 4 to 6 Servings