Harvest Festival in a Slow Cooker
Contributed by: NAPSA
Cook Up Some Fun
(NAPSA) - For a hearty dish with a flavor of harvest festivals, try this winning recipe:
- 2 packages of Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 32-oz. glass jar Silver Floss sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup beer (optional)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
In a medium bowl, combine the Silver Floss sauerkraut, brown sugar, caraway seeds, potatoes and beer (if using). Place in slow cooker.
Arrange the Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa over the sauerkraut and sprinkle with onion.
Cook on high for 2 hours. Lift the lid and check to see whether the mixture is drying out, adding some water (or beer) if necessary. Reduce heat to low setting and cook on low for 2 more hours.
For more recipes, visit www.go meat.com or call (800) 925-3326.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings