Mr. & Mrs. Bridge Family Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This salad blockbuster, created in honour of the classic Paul Newman movie, deserves two thumbs up - one for its great taste and one for its great cause.
All the royalties and profits from the sale of his food products are donated to charity via the Newman's Own Foundation. To date, Paul Newman and Newman's Own Foundation have donated more than $265 million to charities in the U.S., Canada and around the world.
- 2 oz (60 g) mozzarella cheese
- Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian Dressing to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 8 oz (237 mL) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick strips
- Pepperoncini as desired
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Handful croutons (homemade or store bought)
Cut mozzarella into 1/4 inch (5 mm) cubes. Toss with the dressing. Let stand for up to 24 hours.
Place romaine lettuce on a large platter and scatter with marinated mozzarella cubes, roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, onion, parsley and croutons.
Drizzle Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian Dressing over salad.
Add a new twist by replacing the mozzarella with Provolone or Asiago cheese.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings