Avocado Mango Salsa
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The mango adds a sweet and lively twist to this spicy salsa. Delicious with chicken or fish, or on its own with soft corn tortillas.
- 2 ripe avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and diced 2
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced 1
- 1 cup diced tomato 250 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 50 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion 30 mL
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeņo pepper 15 mL
- 1 tsp minced garlic 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper 0.5 mL
- 1 tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
In bowl, combine avocados, mango, tomato, cilantro, onion, jalapeņo, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil; toss gently.
Serve, if desired, with sliced veggies and chips, in a stemmed glass with shrimp or with grilled chicken or fish.
Serving Size: Makes 3 Cups