A Joyous Blend You Can Raise A Glass To
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - One way to discover the meaning of "gioia di vivere," Italian for "joy of living," is to mix up a pitcher of Sangria. While typically a Spanish drink, why not try an Italian twist on this classic cocktail? There are many delights that pair well with this unique Sangria, such as cheese, olives or prosciutto that can transform your patio into a classic Italian terrazza.
No need to waste time away from your guests (over 21 years old) mixing individual cocktails. The blend of aromatic herbs and spices in Martini & Rossi vermouth does the work of adding all the flavor, while fresh fruits serve as the finishing touch that will liven up any warm-weather bash.
The vermouth is traditionally enjoyed before a meal, and its popularity continues to grow due to the resurgence of classic cocktails, but it's a delicious addition to these Sangria recipes.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of Martini & Rossi Extra Dry vermouth
- 2 cups (16 oz.) cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) brandy (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 oz.) sparkling water
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced into wheels
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into wheels
- 1 lime, thinly sliced into wheels
Combine Martini & Rossi Extra Dry vermouth, cranberry juice, brandy and sugar in a large pitcher; stir until sugar is dissolved. Chill until ready to serve. Stir in sliced fruit and sparkling water. Serve over ice.
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of Martini & Rossi Rosso vermouth
- 1 cup (8 oz.) pomegranate juice
- 1 cup (8 oz.) cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) Disaronno Originale Liqueur
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) simple syrup
- 2 apples, cubed
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced into wheels
- 20 cherries, whole
- 1 cup (8 oz.) lemon-lime soda
Combine first five ingredients in a large pitcher and stir in fruit. Chill until ready to serve (24 hours, if possible). Just prior to serving, stir in lemon-lime soda. Pour over ice in tall glasses.
Makes 8-10 Servings.
The iconic winemaker has created a number of easy and elegant Sangria recipes (www.martini.com).