Strawberry-Banana Breakfast Shake
Contributed by: NAPSA
Ready, Set, School! Celebrate New Beginnings With The New School Year
(NAPSA) - It's that time of year again. Outfits are carefully picked out, shoes are tied and lunch boxes are packed and ready to go. As classrooms are readied for a new crop of bright-eyed learners, back-to-school season is in full swing with exciting things in store.
Start off the school year right and find ways to enjoy more family together time with these helpful tips for making a smooth transition from summer to school.
- Get organized. Back-to-school is a busy time for families. Turn to helpful resources such as the Cozi(r) Family Organizer to help you get-and stay-organized. Cozi helps busy families make the transition from summer to fall with online tools that help you create custom shopping lists, manage schedules and plan meals-all in one solution! You can even use it to track homework projects, after-school chores and set reminders for appointments and meetings. Perhaps the best part: You can access your calendar and lists from your mobile phone. Sign up for a free family organizer at cozi.com/nestlefamily.
- Make dinnertime family time. Family meals are the perfect time to talk to your kids about their school day. Even if they're not in a talkative mood, just knowing you're there to listen means a lot. Plus, studies at The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University show that kids who have regular family dinners tend to get better grades. Find great family dinnertime ideas and activities, including customizable place mats and word games, by visiting LetsFixDinner.com.
- Invest in education. Tough economic times can make it harder to prepare not only for the new school year but also for your child's future education. The good news is that there are ways to ease the financial burden. Enter the "Ready, Set, School" Sweepstakes on NestleFamily.com/back toschool for a chance to win the grand prize of $5,000 to spend on back-to-school essentials for your family plus a $2,000 literacy grant for your child's school, as well as great daily prizes. You can also visit NestleFamily.com and sign up for a Upromise(tm) college savings account where contributions are made each time you purchase select products, such as Nestle(r) Toll House(r) Morsels and Nestle(r) Crunch(r) candy.
- Build a foundation of good habits. Healthy meals and snacks, especially breakfast, provide lasting energy that helps kids get through their busy day. Ready in just five minutes and made with the same 100 percent fruit juice families trust in lunch boxes, this recipe for a fruity breakfast shake offers a nutritious and convenient breakfast solution your kids will love.
For more back-to-school tips, recipe ideas, family activities and sweepstakes information, visit NestleFamily.com/backtoschool.
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 cup Berry Flavor Nestle(r) Juicy Juice(r) All Natural 100% Juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla or berry-flavored lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
Place banana, Juicy Juice, yogurt and strawberries in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Divide shake between 2 chilled glasses and serve immediately.
No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes starts 7/15/09 and ends 9/30/09. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and D.C., 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Subject to full rules; prize details at NestleFamily.com/backtoschool.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings