Tandoori Lavash Roll
Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
- Tandoori Marinade
- 1 Tbsp coriander seed
- 1-1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1-1/2 Tbsp ginger - minced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- Pinch each of ground nutmeg and ground clove
- 3/4 Cup yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 package veg chicken - cut in 1" strips
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese
- 1/3 Cup mango chutney
- 2 pieces soft lavash bread (tortilla would work too - just adjust quantity when making rolls)
- About 24 mint leaves
- 1 large carrot - shredded
- 1/2 Cucumber - peeled, seeded and shredded
- 5-6 red radish - ends trimmed and shredded
- About 1 cup romaine lettuce - cut in fine shreds
Lightly toast coriander and cumin seeds over low heat in dry pan until fragrant. Grind in spice grinder and add to food processor with all other marinade ingredients. Process well.
Remove 2-3 Tbsp of the marinade and set aside. Place balance of marinade and veg chicken in large ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Heat grill pan or bbq to medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Grill marinated veg chicken until nicely grill marked - about 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
Mix cream cheese, reserved marinade and chutney together. Roll out two pieces of lavash, short side facing you and spread 1/2 of the cream cheese-chutney spread over the entire surface of each. Divide all other ingredients in half and build in stacked rows along one end of the lavash. Roll, using both hands as tightly as possible.
Trim ends of rolls and roll tightly in plastic wrap. Twist ends of plastic wrap to tighten roll as much as possible. Refrigerate for a couple of hours...and...