Apricot Chipotle Sauce
Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
Really really really good with frites and baked Yukon Gold wedges. Recipe can be easily doubled and refrigerated. Sealed tightly it'll last for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 shallot - peeled and minced
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 6 dried apricots reconstituted in 1/4 Cup hot water for 10 minutes
- 2 chipotle (in adobo) - finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
- Honey - to taste
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Vegetable stock - as needed
Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent - about 3-5 minutes. Add apricots including soaking water and white wine. Reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add chipotle and simmer 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool. When cool add vinegar and puree well in a blender.
When ready to serve warm puree gently and thin with stock to desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper and honey to taste.