Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
Here's a little mango mania to brighten just about any meal.
- 1/2 red onion - finely diced
- 2 ripe mango - diced
- 1/4 Cup Thai basil (or regular basil, or coriander) - finely chopped
- 1 tomato - skin and seeds removed - diced
- 2-1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Finely dice red onion and place in mesh strainer. Run under hot water for 30 seconds.
Drain well. Place in large bowl.
Combine all remaining ingredients in bowl and gently toss to mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 and up to 12 hours prior to serving. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
For a spicy version of this salsa add 1 finely chopped Thai green or red chili; or 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper.