Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
...i'm not a huge guac fan - but...this take on the classic has me re-evaluating my former position.
- 4 avocado - ripe but not soft
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 green apple - peeled, cored and small dice
- 1/2 green pepper - cored, seeded and small dice
- 5 green onion - cleaned and thinly sliced - white and green part
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 Cup cherry tomato - quartered
- 2 tsp thyme (fresh) - minced
- 1 Tbsp parsley (fresh) - minced
- 1/2 tsp ground celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (hot)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Peel and pit guacamole and mash with lemon juice and salt. Fold in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for at least an hour for flavors to meld.
Serve with tortilla chips, pita crisps or fresh bread. Its also really as a veggie burger topping.