Spiced Goat Cheese in Lettuce Wrap
Contributed by: Michael Abramson of M Vegetarian Recipes
- 4 oz goat cheese - soft
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts - lightly toasted
- 1 ear fresh corn - kernels cut off the cob and blanched in boiling water for 45 seconds and drained
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries or craisins
- 2 Tbsp basil - chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp peri peri sauce - or other hot sauce to taste
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- Lettuce leaves
- salt and white pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well. (Hands work best for this). Adjust seasoning to taste.
Lay lettuce leaf flat and and place 1 heaping Tbsp of goat cheese mixture at end closest to you. Roll and fold as you would a spring roll.
Other "wrap" ideas: serve on bread as a "mini" sandwich; stuff mini pita; serve with crackers; tortilla chips;...