Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Famous "Taste Alike" Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can Campbell's chicken broth (plus 1 can of water)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon MSG or Accent Flavor Enhancer
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
First make a roux by combining the oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour in a medium saucepan over
low heat. Heat the mixture for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until it is a dark chocolate color.
Remove the roux from the heat, stir in the rest of the flour, abd add the remaining ingredients
to the saucepan; mix well.
Put the saucepan back over the heat, turn it up to medium and bring the gravy to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until thick.
Serving Size: Makes about 3 cups