Grilled Oriental Mushroom Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Assorted fresh mushrooms and a zesty oriental style dressing are the stars in this warm zippy salad - perfect for lunch or to accompany grilled meat.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 3 tbsp each vegetable oil and soy sauce 45 mL
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar 75 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 2 green onions, chopped 2
- 1 tbsp finely minced gingerroot 15 mL
- 1 lb sliced assorted fresh Mushrooms (white, 500 g
- crimini, portabella, Shiitake, oyster)
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce 45 mL
- 16 cups mixed salad greens or baby spinach 4 L
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds 15 mL
In small saucepan, mix oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, mustard, onions and gingerroot; set aside. Pile mushrooms in centre of large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Fold edges and ends to seal well. Barbecue on high heat about 5-6 minutes or until steaming. Heat dressing on barbecue or stovetop just until boiling.
Divide salad greens evenly among 4 large salad plates. Top with warm mushroom slices and drizzle with hot dressing. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve immediately.
- Prepare dressing in micro proof bowl or glass (2 cup/500 mL) measuring cup and heat in microwave until boiling.
- Mushrooms could be cooked in 425º F (220 ºC) oven instead of barbecue.
Substitute roasted garlic teriyaki sauce for plain teriyaki sauce.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving (12.4 oz): Calories: 193; Protein: 8.3 g; Fat: 12.6 g; Carbohydrates: 16.6 g; Dietary Fibre: 5.4 g