Iced Tea Recipes For Cool Summer Entertaining
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Iced tea is the ideal drink for hot summer days... and nights of entertaining. Follow these tips to brew the ultimate iced tea for your guests:
- Two methods for brewing iced teas include "Hot Brewing" - pour over ice or let cool and "Sun Tea" - add cold water to leaves and let sit in sun to infuse the water.
- Iced tea can be made from all types of tea: white, green, oolong, black, herbal.
- When preparing tea, the type of water you use is just as important as the tea leaves. Even if you start with one of the world's finest teas, you may end up with a less-than-ideal beverage if you use poor quality water.
- Select water that does not contain chlorine and has a high oxygen content. Artesian water such as Fiji Water is ideal because of its pristine state unique mineral content and signature smooth taste. Don't forget the quality of water you use for ice cubes is just as important as the water used in your iced tea recipe.
Try these great summer entertaining iced tea recipes:
Green Tea Moroccan Mint
A full bodied green tea makes the base of this traditional blend. The sweet spearmint adds a delightful flavour as well as cooling effects on the body. Serve hot or iced.
Pair it with seafood, poultry, citrus desserts and fruit.
A blend of dehydrated fruits and herbs that contains absolutely no caffeine and is filled with delicious fruits rich in vitamins.
Add a little kick to your iced tea.
- 2 cups vodka (a premium vodka such as Skyy Vodka)
- 6 tsp. loose black tea (fruit flavoured is traditional)
Mix vodka and tea leaves in a glass jar or bottle with lid. Shake to combine. Place in a cool, dark place for 24 hours. Strain out tea leaves by pouring through a strainer into a second jar. Store in the freezer and serve ice cold.