Glazed Medallions with Mushrooms
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This classic combination of steak and mushrooms is ready in minutes. With a little forward thinking, you can choose to use Marinating Medallions and marinate before cooking.
- 3/4 cup (175mL) Diana Sauce, Original
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5mL) crumbled dried rosemary
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) assorted mixed mushrooms (such as button, cremini, portabello, shiitake or oyster)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) butter
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) Beef Strip Loin Grilling Medallions (about six), 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
Combine Diana Sauce, lemon juice, garlic, green onions and rosemary in bowl. Remove 1/4 cup (50 mL) for basting.
Cut mushrooms into large chunks, keeping oyster mushrooms whole. Toss with onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Pan-fry in butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 12 minutes or until slightly caramelized and liquid has evaporated. Stir in Diana Sauce mixture; heat through.
Meanwhile, season medallions with salt and pepper to taste. Grill over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, brushing with reserved sauce occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve each topped with pan-fried mushrooms.
Serving Size: Makes 10 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 305 Calories, 29 g protein, 10 g fat, 25 g carbohydrate. Excellent source of iron (25%DV) and zinc (69%DV), source of vitamin D (10%DV), 14%DV sodium.