Green Tea Citrus Sangria
Contributed by: News Canada
Fun Way To Stay Cool And Hydrated
(NAPSA) - Staying hydrated is important but it doesn't have to be boring. Adults should consume at least 48 ounces of fluids every day, and there are plenty of flavorful ways to help achieve this goal.
For example, Lipton tea can be a great way to remain hydrated and can serve as an integral part of an overall healthy weight management plan. When consumed on its own, without milk or sugar, tea can be an excellent, great-tasting substitute for other beverage choices that are high in calories.
"Tea is a very versatile drink," says personal trainer and fitness expert Bob Greene. "Not only are there many flavors, but it can be prepared to your liking. You can refresh with a cold glass of iced tea or relax at home with a warm green tea."
In addition to providing hydration, tea is also a natural source of flavonoid antioxidants, which help protect your cells from the effects of free radicals and help reinforce the body's natural defenses.
To keep you and your family hydrated, Greene offers the following tips:
- Thirst is a sign of dehydration. Drink throughout the day, not just when you get thirsty. Think proactively about incorporating tea into your daily routine.
- Daily fluid requirements can change according to your exercise intensity and the weather, so don't be alarmed if you find yourself thirstier at different times.
- Headaches, dry eyes, drowsiness and even muscle cramps are all signs of inadequate fluid consumption. To avoid these symptoms, keep beverages with you at all times.
- Keep it fun by mixing up your beverage intake with this delicious, fruity Green Tea Citrus Sangria, delicately sweetened with honey:
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Brew Time: 3 minutes - Chill Time: 2 hours
- 4 cups boiling water
- 6 Lipton Green Tea with Citrus tea bags
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 cups assorted fruit (such as sliced kiwi, berries and plums)
- 2 cups chilled white cranberry juice
Pour boiling water over tea bags; cover and brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and squeeze. Stir in remaining ingredients in pitcher; cool. Serve over ice.
Lipton has a variety of teas to incorporate more variety into your daily beverage consumption.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings