Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Cinco de Mango Black Bean Salsa
Contributed by: NAPSA
Fresh Mangos Turn Up The Heat At Your Next Festivity
(NAPSA) - Let the celebration begin with a fun twist on a favorite party staple-fresh salsa. This delicious Cinco de Mango Black Bean Salsa is chock-full of red onions, bell peppers, black beans, cilantro, lime and of course fresh mangos. This salsa has so many exciting bright flavors that your guests will be begging for seconds-and the recipe.
The fun doesn't have to stop at the salsa bowl. Feel free to add fresh mangos to margaritas, quesadillas and desserts, or simply serve fresh slices to guests. Not only do mangos sparkle in a variety of dishes and beverages, they're an excellent source of vitamins A and C and a good source of fiber.
Mangos bring an essence of the tropics to any gathering, helping partygoers have a good time with the world's most popular fruit.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from about 2 limes), plus 2 limes cut into wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, halved, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large red onion, halved and finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili, finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Whisk the olive oil, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the mangos, peppers, red onions, chili and cilantro and toss to coat. Add the beans and gently toss everything together.
For more recipes and instructions on how to select and cut a mango, visit www.mango.org.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings